UPDATE TO OUR COMMUNITY:
November’s THT reading was fantastic! We had a full roster of 20 open-mic readers, including several writers who responded to our “season-based themes” for their work. Ada’s food and drink was inviting, and many people enjoyed a hot drink, a glass of wine, and/or salad, egg scrambles, etc. Ada’s event staff was thrilled at the turnout and with the warm sense of community we demonstrated. Join us for our December event!
REMINDER: DATE, TIME, AND VENUE CHANGE: We will meet at Ada’s on the LAST Wednesday of the month, (note: not the 4th Wednesday as before): this month, Wed. Dec. 27, 2017. This (slight) change made our event fit better into the Ada’s calendar. Also, we will be rolling back the clock and starting THT one hour earlier – so, it will be:
- Open Mic sign-ups: 6:00 pm
- Open Mic readings start: 6:30 pm
- Invited Readers – (no invited readers this month)
- End of event : 8:30 pm (Ada’s closes at 9:00 pm)
The earlier time start is an opportunity to come right after work, grab a bus from downtown, bike or rideshare or get a (free) street parking spot, pick up a beverage or bite to eat, sign up for open mic and read, and then head out at 9:00 for whatever comes next in your evening!
REMEMBER: December THT is all open-mic! Everyone is welcome, and consider bringing your reading on one of the three optional themes:
1. “Ho, Ho, Ho – oops!”
2. Oh no! Christmas trees, Hanukkuh menorahs, Buddha statues, and/or other religious objects have become sentient. What happens next? (inspired by Patrick Hurley’s reading at November’s THT)
3. “I was gazing out the window and suddenly the snowman in the front yard began to [move, disappear, dance, speak, etc.?] . . .”
PARKING: Street parking is free, and there is usually ample open parking a few blocks north of Ada’s along 15th Ave E (it might be a bit scarce immediately in front of the venue).
ACCESSIBILITY: Ada’s has a wheelchair ramp accessible from the front of the property at street level that feeds immediately into the bookstore and reading space.
FOOD & DRINK: Ada’s Café offers a full range of café food and tempting sweets, as well as espresso drinks, beer and wine, and other non-alcoholic beverages.
Map and directions to Ada’s
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.