Starting in January we will be replacing Works In Progress with a Two Hour Transport textual critique group. Anyone in the Two Hour Transport community is welcome to participate. We are hoping for a regular commitment from our critique group members over time, but please feel free to drop in and see if this group is a good fit for you.
- We will meet on the 2nd Thursday of every non-book-club month starting January 13th.
- We will critique up to four pieces each month of 5,000 words or less.
- Members who have contributed to at least three critiques can schedule the critique of a novel. In months where a novel critique is scheduled it will be our only critique.
- Members will be expected to read, critique, and virtually mark up copies of each submission before our monthly meeting, then give a short verbal critique to the author during our meeting. The author will have a chance to ask clarifying questions and respond.
- All members of the community are welcome to participate regardless of critique experience. We do ask that if you have never been in a critique group before, you take a look at some of these resources for how to provide good critique:
– “Medicating the Blind Spots; or, How the Workshop is Supposed to Work” http://critters.org/c/wstips.ht
– “The Diplomatic Critiquer” http://critters.org/c/diplomacy.ht
– These and other excellent resources can be found at: http://critters.org/c/lib-crit.ht
- This critique group is limited to genre fiction, though it can certainly contain other elements. We encourage you to take a look at Clarion West’s project to evolve the Milford Method: https://www.clarionwest.org/2021/04/05/evolving-workshop-culture/ and come ready to contribute to an equitable space.
- To join the group, please fill out the form below and we will invite you to the private critique group Slack channel we will be using for submissions.