Two Hour Transport will host our FIFTH EVER online reading event, via Zoom, on Wednesday, July 22nd, at the usual Two Hour Transport time. Our featured readers will be Elise Stephens, Theresa J. Barker, and Nicole Bade. Although we will not be together in person, we will be present with each other, warmly, by video or phone through Zoom. Join us!
Bring yourself, and any food or beverages that you’d like, and join us ONLINE for two hours of science fiction and fantasy reading. All the usual components of the event will be in place: open mic sign-ups, open mic readings, and invited readers.
– Just click on the link below (following the schedule). Don’t forget you can join by phone in the absence of computer access; instructions below.
– This is a virtual gathering due to the constraints around the COVID-19 virus response, and in consideration of keeping everyone safe.
– If you don’t have computer access, feel free to join us by phone! Dialing information below.
– Open Mic Signups Start at 6:30 pm
– Five-Minute Open Mic Readings 7:00 – 7:50 pm
– Invited Readers 8:00 – 9:00 pm
INTERNET LINK AND DIAL-IN INSTRUCTIONS
– Meeting invite: https://zoom.us/j/93406681562?pwd=K0EyWW9JVHhaa0c0Ym1ZVUtpaXc0QT09
– Connect by phone: +12532158782 Meeting ID: 934 0668 1562#
– Meeting password: 863050
Elise Stephens was raised on a steady diet of fairy tales and Disney musicals. Early involvement in the theater left her with a taste for dramatic, high-stakes adventure while frequent international travel gave her awe and respect for foreign cultures. Her work explores themes of beauty within imperfection and finding purpose after a great loss. She holds a Creative Writing degree from the University of Washington where she was awarded the Eugene Van Buren Prize for Fiction. She attended Orson Scott Card’s Literary Boot Camp in 2014 and is a 2019 Writers of the Future winner. Her short fiction appears or is forthcoming in Writers of the Future Vol 35, Escape Pod, Stupefying Stories, and Analog. She is currently writing her fourth novel. Visit her at www.EliseStephens.com
Theresa J. Barker is a writer. She lives in Seattle, and she has family from Tucson, Colorado, and Iowa, not to mention ancestors who came to America from England and Scotland, Ireland and France, Germany and Luxembourg. She strives to channel all her ancestors’ creative imaginations into her writing to create flash fiction, short stories, novels, and Haiku. Theresa is a member of Codex, the Goddard Lighthouse Conference, and the Dreamcrashers.
Nicole Bade is a non-binary writer living in Seattle. They are hard at work on their second novel and revisions of their first novella. Nicole holds an MFA in creative writing from Goddard College. From time to time they teach writing workshops, most recently at Foolscap and Trans Pride. They are a member of Codex and the Dreamchrashers. Their flash fiction story “Strange Music” is forthcoming in the Winter 2021 issue of Fireside Quarterly.